Thursday, August 29, 2013

August Blog: I Changed My Topic. Just Kidding.

For someone who told herself she's really considering to change her senior topic to guitar repairs, I haven't really done anything about it.

It's August 29 now. Any topic change is due tomorrow. So, you know. Too late.

I mean, my current topic, Music Store Operations, isn't bad. Not at all. I absolutely love my mentorship place (the Music Store), and I genuinely did like learning about instruments even if it's just for cleaning them. But to be absolutely honest, I got lucky. It's fortunate that I've been around the music store for some years now and they know me well enough that they allowed me to do my mentorship there.

But knowing guitar repairs would've been cool. It's somewhat a primary instrument of mine.

Moral of the story? Future IPoly seniors: HUSTLE. When they say you better get on with your topic, they mean it. There isn't as much time as you think there is because days pass quicker than people tend to think they do. Grab any opportunity you see, hunt for them, and don't take them for granted at all, especially when it's a chance of mentorship in a topic you're fond of. You will have time to change your topic after your summer mentorship, but it is not much time. Get that mentorship secured as soon as possible.

But don't be anxious; as long as you keep moving, keeping up with everything and doing them early at any chance to do so, you're good.

[Basically don't be like the procastinator me. It's barely a month into the school year and I'm already feeling it. Listen to your (recently) upperclassmen when they try to warn you about things because most of them truly means what they say and really meant well. I really should've listened to Genevieve when she said I should hurry...]

No comments:

Post a Comment