Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Independent Component 1 Approval

1. Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.

- Lessons for bass guitar
- Business courses/workshops/seminars
- (possibly) Guitar building/repairs courses
- Instrument maintenance at home (I own a few)
- Instrument product evaluations

2. Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.

Lessons: I'll have my bass teacher sign a lesson attendance form.

Business lessons, etc.: I'll scan up the notes I take during the class. Maybe write an essay summarizing the things I've learned each day/class.

Guitar building/repairs courses & instrument maintenance at home: I'll take pictures and write description filled captions for them.

Instrument product evaluations: I think a legitimate, 5 paragraph review would be too much, so I'll make a simple form to fill out that list out the good and the bad of each product and the price.

3. And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.

Bass lessons: I can see the students-customers' experience from their point of view if I am one myself.

Business lessons: Running a music store is not just about the instruments. It's a business after all. Knowing how to run a business will be beneficial to run a successful music store.

'Guitar building...' & 'Instrument maintenance...': Getting hands on with instruments can help me become more familiar with them. The more I know about instruments parts, the more I can help solve customers' problems with their instruments.

Instrument product...: If I know the pros and cons of each products, I can suggest items to each customers' wants and needs more accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment